The doughnut activity enables students to have a structured conversation with several people in a short space of time. It is particularly suitable for younger students.
- The students stand in two concentric circles facing each other.
- Working with the partner they face, they take it in turns to share information and ideas or ask each other questions.
- At a signal from the teacher the outside circle moves a given number of places clockwise.
- Students now report to the new partner what was said between themselves and their previous partner.
- These steps can be repeated.