- Write an important sentence or group of sentences on the board.
- The students chorus the sentence.
- Rub out every seventh word.
- The class or individual students say the sentence or sentences, using
on the board and their memory.
- Rub out again.
- The class or individual students say the sentence or sentences again.
- Repeat until all the words have been rubbed off and the class is saying
the sentence or sentences from memory.
- Students write the vanishing cloze in their books from memory.